(if your browser displays this text, it is not capable of displaying frames.)
EBS is an astronomy application to visualise the orbit and synthetic light curve of binary star systems. It is made for educational purposes and for having fun.
- Elliptical orbits
- Star selection by MLR-parameters or spectral class
- Light curve plotting
- 2D and 3D orthographic view of binary system
- Export light curve and orthographic view to bitmap
- Exporting light curve to data file
- Programming : Jeroen Geertzen
- Math : Yigal Herstein, Jeroen Geertzen
Screen shots (click to see magnification in new window)
||Overall view: main window, orthographic view, light curve and parameter panels.
||Orthographic view of binary system in XYZ space with orbit traces
- MS Windows 98 or higher.
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or higher.
- ebs1.zip (zipped, 359 KB)
- Extract zip archive to a directory
- Execute ebs.exe
Websites about eclipsing binary stars:
- Robert Wilson : Understanding binary stars via light curves
- Dan Bruton : Eclipsing Binary Stars
Comments, bug reports and feature suggestions are welcome and can be send to: